Advice & Support

Advice support signpost logo


Do you need support around eduction or training?

Here are some services that can help.                                                                              

Are you a carer looking for peer support?

For Parent/Carers we have the Knowsley Parent Carers Voice which is a a local group of parents and carers that have children of their own with special education needs and disabilities ranging from new born to 25 years of age.  There is also Little Stars a parent support group specifically for parents/carers with children under 10 years and Scope Face 2 Face offer emotional/practical support to any parent/carer of a disabled child or a child with any additional need….diagnosed or undiagnosed.

If you are under 19 there is the Knowsley Young Carers Support Service - 'Me Time' Programme and for young adult carers aged 17-25 there is the Knowsley Carers Centre - Young Adult Carers Support Project (found under Our Services on their website).

There are also 2 Sibling Support groups in Knowsley.

  • Knowsley Siblings Support Group run by the Knowsley Early Years Portage.  This group gives the opportunity for brothers and sisters to get together in a fun and secure environment to share their experiences and views around having a brother or sister with a disability.
  • PSS Knowsley Siblings Project run by an independent organisation PSS and its aim is to ensure brothers and sisters of a a sibling with a disability enjoy the same opportunities as their peers and work towards reducing the social isolation experencied by them.

Do you understand what types of SEND there are?

  • What is Autism - an Easy Read explanation can be found here.

Local & National Support service plus government guides on SEND