Childcare (Early Years) for keyworkers
All schools, nurseries and colleges in the UK are closed to the vast majority of children until further notice. However, some childcare provision is available for children of key workers – defined by Government as those working in:
- Health & Social care.
- Education & Childcare.
- Key public services – justice, charities, journalists, management of deceased, public service broadcasters.
- Local and national government only administrative occupations essential to delivery of COVID response or delivering essential public services.
- Food and other necessary goods – production, distribution, sales, medical.
- Public safety & national security – armed forces, fire & rescue, crime agency etc. Transport.
- Utilities communication and financial services.
If you are a keyworker and require childcare for a child under 4, Knowsley's Childcare Information Service (CIS) has all the most up-to-date local information on all the different childcare options across the borough. You can call them on 0800 085 2022 (Option 1) or 0151 443 5635 or email Childcare.email@example.com