Cost of Living
Knowsley News have multiple articles regarding Cost of Living Support including;
- Cost of Living Support
- Warm Hubs
- Discounted Food Shops in Knowsley
- Mental Health Support
- Free Engergy Saving Measures
Click here - Knowsley News Cost of Living Support Page
The Better Together Hardship Fund launched in 2021 to support residents in need with food and essentials, heating, debt advice, housing advice and support. This is in addition to the help available through the Household Support Fund.
This is available to help Knowsley residents who are struggling to manage the extra costs of food and other essentials.
Several projects have been supported by the Hardship Fund, including:
- Additional benefit and money advice through Citizens Advice Knowsley and Prescot Advice
- A new project providing debt, housing and benefit advice to residents with mental health difficulties with Prescot Advice
- Help with energy costs through Energy Projects Plus
- Extra home safety items and checks with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service
- Extension of the Council’s Emergency Support Scheme to all residents struggling to top up their prepayment energy meter. This was previously only available to residents on means tested benefits.
- Food and essential items (cleaning products, toiletries and hygiene products) are available through a number of local community partners and Knowsley Foodbank. Further details can be found on the website under ‘where can I get help with food?’