You are here

Crime & Anti-Social Behaviour

Are you worried about crime or anti social behaviour in your community?

The website has a lot of information and advice that may be able to help you:

  • If you are unsure what anti social behaviour is and who you should report it to, this page may help.
  • Information about what is hate crime and how to report incidents.
  • There is also information about identifying what is domestic abuse and services that can help you if you are a victim.

The police have a website about crime and policing in the UK, where you can enter your postcode and see the number of crimes reported in your area.  They also have information about reporting a crime as well as crime prevention advice.   You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response, e.g. stolen car, property damage, suspected drug use/dealing in your neighbourhood.  Or if you want to give police information about crime in your area or speak to them about a general enquiry.  In an emergency you should always call 999.

If you want to give information about a crime anonymously you can either call or report online to Crimestoppers.

Do you or someone you know require support because of addiction?

If someone you know has an addiction there are services within Knowsley that can help.  Adult Community Substance Misuse Service are an integrated recovery service for service users in the community and Drug Intervention Programmes for those individuals who are offending.  They have sites in Huyton & Kirkby.  The Adult Inclusion Social Work Team support people, families and/or carers who misuse drugs and/or alcohol. The team also support people who are affected by HIV and/or Hep C.   Nationally - Dear Albert helps individuals to stop taking alcohol and drugs. The National Association for Children of Alcoholics provide information, advice and support for everyone affected by a parent's drinking, whether a child, young person or adult. Rehab Helper has a directory of drug and alcohol rehabilitation services throughout the UK.

If it is a young person with an addiction we have TH!nK (Teenage Health in Knowsley) which has been designed to give young people one place where they can go to find the support they need.  Nationally The Mix can help young people aged 16-25.

There are also national services to help if someone is addicted to gambling - GamCare and Beacon Counselling Trust - Gamcare

Are you, or do you know a young person at risk of participating in criminal activity or an ex-offender who is looking for support ?

M.A.L.S. Merseyside offer One to One mentoring via Headstart programme for any young person aged 11-19 who is involved in criminal activity or at risk of participating in criminal activity.  PSS - Turnaround - women’s turnaround is a service just for women and offers individual and group work to support adult female offenders and women at risk of offending in Liverpool and Knowsley.  Probation Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) offers support for offenders and their families around community rehabilitation.

Whether you’ve been a victim of a crime, worried about your safety or need to understand your rights The Mix offers non-judgemental legal information and support for young people that’s clear and easy to understand.  Knowsley Youth Offending Service is for for young people aged 10 to 19 who have been involved in offending behaviour. It is a multi-agency service, made up of Social Workers, Youth Justice Officers and staff from education, police, probation and health.

If you are affected by Domestic Violence

The First Step offer emotional and practical support for both men and women.  They will provide this either by telephone; face to face at their centre or will meet with you in the community.