FACE Forward Partnership
What is FACE Forward?
FACE Forward is a mental health and community learning/social inclusion partnership between Knowsley Council’s Family And Community Education Service (FACE) and North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (Recovery Service).
The partnership offers individuals, who are experiencing, or have experienced, mental health issues, an opportunity to participate in a wide range of FREE ‘community learning’ activities.
These activities are aimed at supporting people to recognise and make the most of their talents and resources to achieve the things they want in life. Support is targeted towards self-management so individuals are better able to deal with the mental health challenges they experience. Sessions help to:
- Improve health and well-being
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Improve confidence, self-esteem and self-worth
- Help individuals to become more independent
- Reduce the use of medical services
- Help individuals return to employment or training
- Support positive re-engagement with family and/or active participation in community life.
- Help individuals achieve a ‘Live Life Well’ approach
- Aged 19 or over and experiencing any degree of mild to moderate mental health issue.
- Interested in learning-based opportunities or activities to help improve your understanding and awareness of mental health issues
- Looking for ways to self-manage your journey of recovery and interested in participating in learning based activities co-delivered by those with personal lived experience of mental health challenges and those with experience by profession.
- Someone who has lived the experience, is still on the road to recovery, and would like to discover if education aids mental health recovery.
If so, then?
- Come along to one of our very informal welcome sessions and enjoy a hot drink to find out more.
- See what activities are on offer, but we are also keen to know what YOU are interested in.
For further enquiries or advice about FACE Forward please contact: Barbara on 07500 818 103 or Alex on 07717 301 356.
For information about the full range of adult education courses offered by Knowsley FACE please call: 0151 443 2026 / 0151 443 2052 / 0151 443 2066 / 0151 443 2067.
All FACE Forward activities are 12 hours plus a 3 hour FACE Forward mandatory Welcome Session. On completion of a FACE Forward activity, learners can progress onto any FACE courses.
- Apps and IT for Wellbeing
- Create a Better You through Crafts (Pottery / Art / Sewing / Jewellery / Card Making / Cake Decorating)
- Improving Confidence and Communication
- Discover Yourself through Family / Local History
- English and Maths
- FACE Forward through Flowers
- Living Life well
- Portray a Better You through Photography
- Reading Support
- Reduce anxiety with health and safety / possibly mentoring for wellbeing
- Volunteering as an Expert By Experience.