Information & Advice

Questions Icon

Do you think your child has a need or disability affecting their ability to learn, you need to discuss this with your childs school SENCO. SEN Support in mainstream schools guide for parents. If you then need to know how to request an Education, Health Care (EHC) Plan SEN Assessment & Commissioning have put together some information about requesting an assessment and the process involved, there are also details on the Help with Special Educational Needs page.

Knowsley’s EHC Plan Assessment Process explains the pathway that requests for an EHC Plan follow.

Statutory assessment decision

Right of appeal for the Health and Care aspects of the Educational Health Care (EHC) Plan

Liverpool & Knowsley SEND IASS

For general Special Educational Needs and Disability enquiries please email:

The Knowsley Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Strategy 2018-2021

The Strategy has been developed with all partners. It aims to ensure that children and young people with SEND have the best start in life, aim high, achieve their potential and live happy and fulfilled lives.

Children and young people with SEND, as well as their families and carers, are at the heart of this strategy and have played an important part in helping to shape the key priorities and actions that the strategy aims to address and achieve. We will continue to work in partnership with our children and young people and their families to deliver the strategy, ensuring that the actions carried out are child-centred, outcome-focused and inclusive.


Educational/Training Support for children and young people with SEND

Do you feel that you need support around your own or your child's education or training?  We have put together information on services that may be able to provide this help HERE, there are links to the services and brief description of what they do. 


Health Support

There are services that can help or advise you about health needs for a child or young person with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities, so we have put them in the one place HERE for you to look at.


Parent/Carer support

If you feel that it would be useful to speak to others in the same situation there are local support groups including the Knowsley Parent Carers Voice forum.  All these details can be found HERE.


More services offering advice and support

There are more services both locally and nationally that offer assistance around children and young people with SEND, so we have grouped them together HERE if you are unable to find what you need in the pages above.


Important documents and Guides (including policies)

We have put together a page of links HERE to documents that are useful to Parents/Carers, Children & Young People with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities.


If you have any complaints or compliments about Local Offer Services please contact Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council HERE and it will be forwarded to the correct person to help.