Knowsley Parent Carers Voice (KPCV)
Knowsley Parent Carers Voice are a group of parents and carers of children with special education needs and disabilities from Knowsley. Our aim is to work in partnership with Education, Social Care and Health & Wellbeing services to influence and develop quality services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and disabilities in Knowsley.
Purpose of the Knowsley Parent Carers Voice
- Membership is open to all parent carers of children and young people aged 0-25 yrs with special educational needs or disabilities
- We meet to talk about issues that affect us, our children and our families
- We share information and experiences between professionals and parents directly
- We liase and meet with Council officials and Health Service Providers with a view to helping them improve, we are the experts and we need to help them understand
- We consult on changes that affect the parent carers and the children with special educational needs or disabilities
We hold regular online coffee meetings and events, please contact us for full details.
We also have various online individual support groups, please contact us for details and we can register you and pass on the necessary information and links.
Knowsley Parent Carers Voice
C/o Knowsley CCG
Alt. contact details
Opening days / times
0 - 25
Disabled access information
We aim to respond to emails within 72 hours.
Things to know
One of the main purposes of Knowsley Parent Carers Voice is to represent parents on planning and decision making groups across education, health and social care in the Borough.
We also have parent representatives who go to events and talk to groups about the Knowsley Parent Carers Voice, to raise awareness of us and encourage parents to join the Forum. We have also been given a set on the boards of a number of other Forums across the Borough that give us the opportunity to raise issues at the highest level. The more members, the greater our voice and the more representative we can be.
The Knowsley Parent Carers Voice is an independent voluntary organisation run by parents for parents.