Knowsley Voluntary Children & Young Peoples RECORD
What is the RECORD?
All Local Authorities have a duty to have a record or register of disabled children and young people in their area, under the Childrens Act 1989. The Knowsley Voluntary Children & Young People’s RECORD is our way of doing this.
Who does it cover?
If you have a disabled child or are a young person aged up to 25, you can add them to the disability record. The Equality Act 2010 defines a person as having a disability if they have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term effect on their ability to carry out normal day-day activities.
What are the benefits of being included on the RECORD?
Although inclusion on the record is entirely voluntary, we hope that as many parent/carers as possible will agree to their child’s name being included.
The RECORD provides information which will
- Help us to keep parent/carers, children and young people better informed about what is available within Knowsley
- Provide information about where disabled children live and so enables better planning of services
- Allow us to consult and involve parent/carers, children and young people in the development of services
- Support multi agency working
- Help with transition to adulthood
To be included;
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following;
- Your name (if applying for yourself) or your child's name, child's date of birth, home address, gender and disability/disabilities.
- Parent or Carers name
- Parent or Carers home address if different from child's
- Contact email address
- Contact telephone
- Relationship to child
Your information will be kept securely following the rules in the Data Protection Act 2018 (the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR)
N.B. If you submit your details to be added to the RECORD, you will also be added to the SEND Newsletter mailing list.
Your child will be removed from the register on their 26th birthday or before if you move into a different local authority or if you make a request to have their name removed.
Whilst you are here you could also visit the Knowsley Carers Centre website to find out about the support they can offer you. You can register with them and also apply for a carers ID card which along with other support can provide you with free or reduced entry into a number of venues including cinemas and sports events.
Tel: 0151 549 1412