Knowsley Young Carers Support Service - 'Me Time' Programme
Young Carers will be offered 3 hours of youth activity per week, plus one hour of 1:1 support when required
Personal Support - You'll get your own Youth Worker who can give you information and advice. They will arrange some assistance at home, to give you more 'Me Time' away from your caring role.
Meet other Carers - You're not alone - there are lots of other young people caring for others in their family too. We can help you to have 'Me Time' and meet other young people who are in a similar situation to you.
Positive Activiites - Together with your Youth Worker and other young carers, you will decide on a menu of activities/experiences, including sports, arts and family based activiites. Trips and days out can be weekends and during school holidays with other young carers or members of your family so you can spend time together having fun.
Someone to talk to - You can meet with your Youth Worker and other young carers at least once a week. You will be able to keep in touch with both workers and other young people when sessions are not running. Speak to your Youth Worker about who you can call when our office is closed.
Help with Schoolwork - Less stress at home can make it easier for you to get on in class. Your Youth Worker can help you find the time to do school/college work and speak to teachers or relevant people to find the best way for you to learn. They can also find you a quiet place to study too!
Information for Referers
Do you know a young person who is a Young Carer, or who you think may be? – If so, can you let us know because we want to identify Young Carers and let them know about the KYM ‘Me -Time’ Programme.
- Each Young Carer will be offered 3 hours of youth activity per week, plus one hour of 1:1 support when required
- This will include a weekly Me-Time Group – after school/college from 4:00 – 6:00pm at Our Place (Tuesday & Thursday).
- Young Carers will choose what activities they do each week and the programme will develop in response to young people’s needs/wishes
- Referrals will be internal and external – working in partnership with services such as Stronger Families, Families First, Children’s Social Care and schools
- After initial contact (telephone call/email) a KYM Youth Worker will follow-up within 24 hours and arrange appropriate engagement within the week, if/when suitable to Young Carer
- A menu of age appropriate activities/experiences will be developed with Young Carers, including family based activities – weekly after school and during half-term/summer holidays
- Young Carers campaign to raise awareness of programme with partners agencies and stakeholders
- Launch dedicated web-page on KYM website, including Young Carers information zone
If you need to complete a referral please copy and save the form below and return to: Rachel McGowan - email@example.com