Vibe is the youth service provider in Knowsley. We run clubs, activities, and programmes which help young people to build positive relationships with themselves and others, and make a meaningful contribution to their community.
Our activities are designed for 11-19 year olds, and up to age 25 for people with additional needs and disabilities.
Vibe offer a universal service which can be accessed by all young people in the local community. Visit our website for a full list of the services we provide.
Youth service general offer:
- Vibe clubs – we offer Open Access provision across all areas of Knowsley, with 10 youth clubs. Our weekly programme of free drop-in clubs offer everything from sports, music, computer sessions, dance, singing, a skate park, and climbing.
- Working with schools
- Vibe work borough-wide with Primary, Secondary, Academy, PRU, and SEN schools, engaging learners through ASDAN’s, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, and the Lord Derby Award
- School taster sessions in our Youth Clubs
- Working with school nurses with health education
- Vibe Outdoors (formerly Knowsley Outdoor Education Centre) - Providing young people/schools with full spectrum of outdoor education (canoeing, sailing, kayaking, power boating, raft building, land games - archery, climbing wall, orienteering, initiative games, fell walking, camping, gorge scrambling)
- Personal Development Programmes
- Teenage Health in Knowsley (THinK):
- Information on the health & wellbeing impacts of risk-taking behaviour
- Sex & relationship education
- Substance Misuse
- Contraception and Sexual Health Service
- Vibe programmes – we deliver a range of structured programmes for young people, designed around themes such as social action, crime prevention, health improvement, or community cohesion
Vibe youth service targeted offer:
Vibe targeted – these programmes serve young people who are referred to us when they are considered vulnerable or at risk. We deliver a range of group and individual sessions in schools and community settings. Young people enter these programmes through a referral process via Knowsley MBC's Safeguarding and Family First teams, Youth Offending teams, Early Help and school professionals.
Examples of these programmes include:
- Me Time project - this is a support service for school aged young carers and young people affected by compromised care/parenting. Youth workers deliver one to one support, offer positive activities, and help with homework.
- Individual Needs Club (INC) - specialist youth club supporting young people aged 11-25 years old with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities. A referral process is in place.
- NEET task team - Vibe have a Not in Education Employment or Training (NEET) Team who engage with NEET young people (aged 16-19 years). The team build up positive relationships with young people to develop their confidence and skill base ready for the workplace. Young people are offered opportunities in training, employment, or education with ongoing support from the team.
- Be Yourself - Support group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender (LGBTQIA+) young people, including support for those young people questioning their sexuality.
Multi agency working can offer support via an Early Help Assessment or via a specific commissioned targeted intervention.
11 - 24
See above individual programmes