Knowsley Youth Mutual
Knowsley Youth Mutual (KYM) is a unique organisation, run for young people by young people and half owned by the young people of Knowsley.
It is a universal service that can be accessed by all young people in the local community. Young people can engage in Duke of Edinburgh, Lord Derby Award, specific group work from girls and lads groups to issue based sessions. A full list of what young people can get involved in can be found on the website.
Knowsley Youth Mutual Main number 0151 443 5323
Knowsley Outdoor Education Centre - Tel: 0151 449 1502
- Youth Service General Offer
- KYM core Open Access Youth Club provision in all areas of Knowsley. We deliver in 14 Youth & Community Centres. Most clubs are open between the hours of 6.00-9.00pm (variable per area)/ Activities available all year round and may be extra activities during bank holidays. Lots of opportunities re.personal development, accredited awards and participation in decision making.
- Schools Work - KYM have track record of working in borough-wide Primary and Secondary, Academy, PRU and SEN schools engaging learners through Duke of Edinburgh Awards, Lord Derby Award, ASDAN's.
- Pupil Voice, Governance, Citizenship
- School Taster sessions in our Youth Clubs
- Personal Development Programmes
- Working alongside School Nurses - Health Education
- Knowsley Outdoor Education Centre (The DAM) - Providing young people/schools with full spectrum of outdoor education (canoeing, sailing, kayaking, power boating, raft building, land games - archery, climbing wall, orienteering, initiative games, fell walking, camping, gorge scrambling)
- Public Health with Young People - KYM offers a distinctive youth centric range of public health intervention based in the community in locations young people want to access this includes
- Information on the Health & Wellbeing impacts of risk taking behaviour
- Sex & relationship education
- Substance Misuse
- Contraception and Sexual Health Service
- Targeted support for vulnerable young people
- Significant Targeted Work - KYM has a role as a crisis intervention service with young people. The Privileged relationships our youth workers have with young people helps us make and receive referrals that quickly get young people the specialist help they need.
- Me Time Project - Supports improved emotional wellbeing
- Referrals from Knowsley MBC's Safeguarding and Family First teams, Youth Offending teams, Early Help and school professionals.
- Below are some targeted projects that KYM are commissioned to deliver. Young people will generally need to be referred to these projects.
- Individual Needs Club (INC) - Specialist Youth Club supporting young people aged 11-25 years old, with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities. A referral process is in place.
- NEET TASK TEAM - KYM have a Not in Education Employment or Training (NEET) Team who engage with NEET young people (aged 16-19 years). The team build up positive relationships with young people in order to develop their confidence and skill base ready for the workplace. Young people are offered opportunities in training, employment or education with ongoing support from the team.
- LGBT Support - Support group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender (LGBT) young people, including support for those young people questioning their sexuality.
- Me-Time Project - This is a support service for school aged young carers and young people affected by compromised care/parenting. Youth workers deliver 1-2-1 support, positive activities and help with homework for young people living within Knowsley. A referral process in place.
- Multi agency working can offer support via an Early Help Assessment or via a specific commissioned targeted intervention.
11 - 24
See above individual programmes