Privacy Notice & statement
Who Will Own My Data Once I Submit It? Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Why Do You Need My Information?
We will only collect Personal Data where you provide it in the form of an enquiry or comment on a page or feedback form.
We collect this:
- To allow us to communicate with you and provide services appropriate to your needs as per your enquiry or comment and,
To share personal/sensitive information that you provide to relevant services regarding your enquiry or comment/feedback
- To meet any legal requirements the council is subject to
- Where it is necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
- To pass on your enquiry/comment to the service where you have entered your details if this has come to the Family Information Service instead of the relevant service
- To monitor our performance in responding to your enquiry/comment/feedback
What Allows You To Use My Information?
Your completion of your personal data on your enquiry/comment or feedback form allows us to use it In the legitimate interests of Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Who Will My Information Be Shared With?
The information will be shared with Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council and other organisations delivering services in order to provide you with services to administer your enquiry/comment or feedback.
We only share personal data where the law specifically allows it. When we share your data we will always do so in line with data protection legislation.
When we This may include but is not limited to:
- Knowsley Council
- Local Health Trusts - as part of our safeguarding obligations
- Schools - as part of our education obligations.
- Early Years Settings
Do I Have To Provide This Information And What Will Happen If I Don’t?
You do not need to enter any personal information when you enquire or comment but not entering contact information will restrict how we can deliver a response to you, though services are asked to publicly respond on their pages if the answer would help others as well as yourself. The Family Information Service will always remove data that would identify the original enquirer from public responses. If you enter personal data on a page for a specific service we will forward your comment/enquiry/feedback to the applicable service for them to assist you.
Enquiries/comments/feedback can be submitted anonymously.
How Long Will You Keep This Data For And Why?
Your personal data will be kept in accordance with GDPR - personal data shall be kept by the Family Information Service or its website for no longer than 12 months. It will be stored securely and protected from loss and unauthorised access.
How will my Information Be Stored?
It will be stored securely on Knowsley MBC’s network and on the secure website where you entered it.
What Rights Do I Have When It Comes To My Data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the Council holds about you and find out what it is used for.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the Council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the Council to remove data that we hold about you.
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on Council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request.
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used.
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour. (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
If you have any questions regarding how your personal data is used by the Council, please contact our Risk & Resilience Team in the first instance using the contact details below.
Data Protection Officer
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to complain about how the Council has handled your personal data, please do so via the Have Your Say section of the website.
The Information Commissioner’s Office is the regulator for information law in the UK and is responsible for Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Environment Information Regulations and direct marketing.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details, however they may ask you if you have raised your complaint with the Council first:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
For further information about your data protection rights and Council policies, please visit the council data protection section.
Knowsley Council is not responsible for any material on external websites that are accessed from our websites and content should not be considered to be endorsed by Knowsley Council.