Schools/Education and/or Training Support


Most children with SEND will attend their local mainstream school:

the above links will take you to the relevent section and you will be able to view the individual schools and their  information.  If your child has more specialised needs there are

who can support your child's education. 

We also have information about Independent/nonmaintained special educational needs schools, that may be based in or outside Knowsley.


At this critical time in a child or young person’s life there are a number of services offering help or advice to ensure that children & young people have a smooth transition into nursery/childcare, primary school and then secondary school.  Do you feel that you need support around your own or your child's education or training? 

Please select the link for the specific services or information you need, you will then be re-directed to the correct page.

General Educational Support

School Specific Support

Hospital/Home Tuition

Specialist Educational Support

Over 16 Specific

If you are over 16 and considering colleges or moving into employment there is information available on our Post 16 - Becoming an Adult section.