General Health Services and/or teams
Health services for children/young people
- Information about the DCO (Designated Clinical Officer) role & responsibilities in Knowsley.
- CATCH - Common Approach to Children's Health is a free health app providing local NHS-approved support and information to parents and carers of children aged 0-5.
- The Special School Nursing Team (Part of the Children's Community Nursing Team) work closely with young people, their families and carers, other school staff, healthcare professionals, and the Knowsley Children with Disabilities Service, as well as private and voluntary agencies to make sure the needs of young people are met.
- Knowsley Children's Community Nursing Service offers support and advice for pregnant women, children, young people and their parents/carers living in Knowsley, up to the age of 19 years
- Health Visitors and Health Visitors leaflet
- Breastfeeding Support Team
- Continence Team
- Children's Community Nursing Team - Knowsley
- Children's Therapies Team
- Healthy Teeth Programme
- The Immunisation Team deliver the routine national immunisation programme for school-aged children in Knowsley
- Healthy Child Programme: The 4-5-6 approach for health visiting and school nursing leaflet.
- The Continence Service aim is to improve or cure bladder and or bowel symptoms for all age ranges of patients who have a Knowsley GP.
- Paediatric Dentistry at the Liverpool University Dental Hospital provide dental care for children with complex medical needs.
NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) for children and young people with complex health needs
General health services/teams
- The Special Care Dentistry Department at Liverpool University Dental Hospital has a unit that offers a Consultant-led service, providing specialist dental care on a referral basis, to those who have a physical, sensory, intellectual, mental, medical, emotional or social impairment or disability, or a combination of these factors.
- Looking for a GP or Dentist, visit NHS Choices
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is here to advise and support you and your family.
- Healthwatch Knowsley are here to make sure your views on local health and social care services are heard, you can have your say, get involved and find out about services in Knowsley.
Rehabilitation Support Services.
- Knowsley Reablement Service provides short term care and support of up to four weeks for those needing help to return to independent living.
- The Children's Trust offers a range of residential and community based rehabilitation services for children and young people with acquired brain injury (ABI).
- Occupational Therapists promote independence in all areas of activities of daily living
- The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre helps people with acquired brain injuries to rebuild their lives and regain their independence.
- The Stroke Association Childhood Stroke Support Service offer a Childhood Stroke Support Service – providing information, advice, support and networking events to families affected by stroke in childhood.