There are lots of activities taking place around Knowsley and the surrounding areas. These are often called mainstream or universal activities.
Depending on you or your child’s requirements, many universal activities could be suitable. On each listing, we aim to include as much accessibility information as possible to help you choose one that is right for you and your child. You should always contact an activity before you go to make sure they can accommodate your child’s needs.
Participating in leisure activities benefits young people and their families in a number of ways:
- It can help them to grow in confidence and meet new friends.
- Promote health and well being.
- Give parent/carers and siblings a break from their caring role.
- Develop independence and life skills.
Universal activities include:
- Most of the activities listed on the Places to Go, Things to do website which holds listings of events/activities/clubs taking place in and around Knowsley.
- Cinemas Local cinemas
- Libraries Links to Knowsley Libraries and their services
- Volair Leisure Centres- Get active in Knowsley
- Whatever your needs, Active Knowsley leisure centres are modern and welcoming places to get fit.
- The centres have the latest gym equipment, fitness classes, swimming pools and up-to-date sport facilities for badminton, football and more.
- Children’s Centres provide a range of services for families in the local community. Agencies and organisations work together to deliver services that meet the individual needs of both children aged 0 to 11 years and their parents/carers with a particular emphasis on the needs of children under 5.
- Knowsley is a mixture of diverse families and communities. Each Children’s Centre offers services tailored to meet that community’s needs.
- The services delivered in each Children’s Centre may be different to meet the needs of the local area.
- Knowsley Youth Mutual is an employee and young person owned and driven Community Benefit Society. It offers open access youth clubs, awards, education and outdoor activities and youth voice.